Sunday, January 26, 2020

Sunday Live with MJ - Featuring the Timeless Tulips Bundle

Spring is in the air, well not really, but it is when you work with amazing products from the Stampin' Up!® 2020 Mini Catalog.  The Timeless Tulips Bundle brings on such a Springtime feel that it brightens your day when you are creating projects with it.


Using shades of ink in Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, and Granny Apple Green from the Brights Classic Stampin' Pad Ink Color Family, make this project so bright and cheerful.  Cheryl commented on my MJ's Shady Inkers Facebook Group that "tulips are so uplifting" and she is so correct.  There is a certain warm feeling you get when you see tulips pop up in the beginning of Spring. This card features a watercolor technique that was inspired by a tulip watercolor painting that I found on Pinterest.  


I wanted to use additional coloring techniques in my presentation of this bundle, and decided to use the Brights Stampin' Write Makers in Melon Mambo and Flirty Flamingo.


By coloring the stamp with Stampin' Write Markers, I was able to create the tulips in two shades of color and then stamped the stems and leaves of the tulips in Granny Apple Green Ink.  I love how this turned out.  Helpful Tip: for best results when coloring your stamps directly with ink, only use Stampin' Write Markers as they are water based and will not ruin your stamps.  


Creating these tulips using the Tulip Builder Punch really inspired me to create a full bouquet that I will display at an Easter Dinner for a centerpiece.  Just punch 5 tulips, fold, and adhere together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue, and you can make these 3-D tulips as well.

To purchase products featured here, be sure to shop my online store by clicking 
the "Shop" button on this page.  

To  find complete details about the projects I have shared, be sure to watch the replay of my Sunday Live with MJ video tutorial from January 26, 2020.


I hope you find these projects inspiring.
Thank you for stopping by.
Happy Stamping!

2 comments: